Monday, March 11, 2013

Rainbow Cupcakes for St. Patty's Day!!

My Rainbow Cupcake with Edible Glitter 

I'm almost a 100% better so I thought I'd share something fun with you all today for the upcoming St. Patrick's Day holiday! My cupcake class I used to teach unfortunately did not run this semester but that doesn't mean I can't give you awesome people some ideas for future cupcake creations!  During last year's class, everyone kept asking me for a St. Patty's Day cupcake idea that was not a shamrock or a plastic cupcake topper. I saw a pin on Pinterest  had to try it out with my own spin! =)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE RAINBOW CUPCAKES WITH GOLDEN CLOUDS:
1. Cupcakes
2. Green Butter Cream Icing
3. White Butter Cream Icing
4. Wilton Yellow Color Sprinklers - Edible Glitter (Use craft store coupons!)
5. Airheads Xtreme Sweet/Sour Rainbow Strips (At Supermarkets or Candy Stands)
6. Wilton Tips - #17 for the Clouds & #195 for the Green Swirl (Pictured Below)

These Tips are sold very inexpensively at craft stores like JoAnn's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, um...AC Moore... as well as the plastic pastry bags!



Step #1 - Bake a Cupcake
Step #2 - Using Wilton Tip #195 Pipe out a Green swirl on the bottom of the cupcake covering the entire top.
Step #3 - Cut Strips of Rainbow Candy 
*Make Sure the Strip is Large enough to go deep enough into the cupcake and still have a rainbow arch over the green icing. Use your own judgement. 
Step #4 - Bend the Strips of the Rainbow Candy


Step #5 - Carefully place the bended candy strip onto the cupcake. It is helpful to make these with FRESH cupcakes so you can easily push the hard rainbow candy strip into the cupcake just a little bit to anchor it. 
Step #6 - Using Tip #17, pipe out the clouds at the base of the rainbows...Have fun with this too! You can make them extra fluffy or not! =)
Step #7 - Add as much Edible Gold Glitter as you'd like! 

Me with my Finished Rainbow cupcake from last year! 

Honestly...that's it! One of my students even made a little bit of Bailey's icing to use for the clouds so it was just a touch of boozey goodness. 

I hope you all enjoyed my little demo! 

ARE YOU MAKING ANY SPECIAL THIS WEEK FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY? 
I'd love to hear!


Oh and this was the ORIGINAL PIN I took my inspiration from: 


Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. These are adorable! And also look delicious. I need to try them out sometime soon. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are great! I love the little rainbow:)

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Chloe I would join your cupcake making class without any shadow of doubt, I love those st Patricks day cupcakes! they are really cute!
    have a fantastic week!
    kisses
    city-aholic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. These things look freaking fantastic!!! I have a huge weakness for cupcakes. Can you Fed Ex a few dozen to KY???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this from last year. I feel like I've been following your blogs FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur so home-y - i use to bake ALL the time - now i couldn't even tell you the last time i baked - u go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours look even BETTER Than the original ones!! Love the vibrant green color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cupcake is so cute! Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  9. these turned out so great! you are such a good cupcake artist!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! I really love these. Can you make me cupcakes for my birthday?! Thank you for including us in your DIYs. I truly love the texture that you have going on with the frosting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's perfect! I love it! You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable!! you're getting better and better with each cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!!! it´s adorable!! beatiful!!!!!!!! Love it!!

    I am now following your blog and new escape would love if you followed back! :)

    http://www.ilmiopiccolocapricciobyfabiola.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable!!!! You are so good. LOVE! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great idea and such a fun design!I'll definitely have to try these out someday!

    Katie x
    http://katieskitchenjournal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking a second to comment! You can also follow me on Bloglovin! Ergo - Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...